Wednesday 12 June 2019

Hacked

I'm just ten minuets off from downloading the new Radiohead album, like always yeah?  But no this is different...apparently their minidisk got hacked by someone who threatened the band to either give him a lot of money or he releases it to the whole world.

That was a while ago, round the time they did 'Ok Computer', so one wonders why he hasn't already released it.  Yesterday the band released the whole minidisk, a wopping 18 hours give or take, onto Bandcamp an online music site for just £18.

It's almost a pound for about an album's worth of material, and in one fucking go...I mean you knew they were different when they did 'In Rainbows' and you had to pay what you felt like, but this, it's on a whole different scale.

And the kicker to it all?  All the money raised by this album goes to Extinction Rebellion and their cause of casually saving the world.

As a hardcore Radiohead fan I just had to get it and I've only five minutes to go, so I've decided I'm going to chart this exquisite experience into 18 blog posts (one for each track) and I'll match whatever support I'll get from my Patreon page and donate the whole thing to Extinction Rebellion, following their incredible example.

If you want to listen to the music yourself and join me on this once in a lifetime journey then you only have 18 days to do so, after that life goes on.

Oh, I think it's done...

No comments:

Post a Comment