Wednesday 24 July 2013

Razor's Glint

 The sun shone on the knive and it reflected onto the Ricardo’s eyes.  He knew what was coming and was quick to react.  While he stood to his feet I stepped forward and put the knive to his throat.
“Do you want to die like a rat?”  I said.  He didn’t, it was obvious that a more peaceful way he wanted.  He had done me a great wrong.  He had killed someone who was close to me and I wanted to make him pay.  “What do you know of knives?  Do you know how they feel when they cut into you?”  I could feel that he wanted to struggle but knew I wouldn’t hesistate to cut him if he did.  I wanted to give him a taste of terror, to let him know that he has done wrong and that he was a bad man.  It was a hot day and our skin, sticky and dry, touched with tension.  My shadow was cast against his pale skin and sweat ran from his forehead down to his vest.  I could kill him now but I wouldn’t, I would let him sweat some more.  I began to cut his neck knowing that he was waiting for an opportunity to break out and run away.  I wouldn’t let him.  He breathed with pain and slow wet blood covered the edge of the knive.  I kneed him in the gut and he doubled over.  I stood over him and began to cut the back of his neck lightly.  It would be slow work.  I made it so that it was slow.  The sun was high in the sky and was no cooler in the shade than under it.  Sand blow at our feet.  The breeze was teasing.  Blood ran to the ground.  It dripped down from Ricardo’s body.  An Eagle flew overhead. 
“You make it easy for me.  It’s as if you want to die.”  I could not imagine that he would be sorry for what he had done and I spared him no forgiveness.  This was a day to kill.  This was my day.  After the killing had been done I would go back home and grieve then after the grieving I would go back to work.  I had not forgotten the feeling of that day.  The memory lay within the senses of touch and sound.  I muffled his screams while I dug that knive into him.  At the end I was covered in blood but I did not mind.  It was simple revenge one life for another.  He had robbed me of my heart and I could not cry over him.  I could not care less for what the authorities would think about it.  They had failed in their duty but I promised that I would not in mine.  His body was covered in sand.  At night the heat remained only cooling off later on.  I drank a bottle of whiskey and laid into a deep sleep.  I had no dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment