Sunday 4 August 2013

Shroenberg's Filmography

ACT I

Scene 1

KISMET and SHROENBERG are sitting opposite each other.  SHROENBERG is being interviewed by KISMET.

kismet:

Shroenberg you are a film maker who has had considerable and enviable success in doing exactly what you have wanted.  Your career was started by one of your film producer friends joked that you should write one of his films and this was a particular joke that went too far in that you went ahead and wrote it for him and it became a huge success.

shroenberg:

Thank you Kismet, yes that was 'My Time in Florida'.  It was quite a surprise considering that I knew nothing about writing a film at all.

KISMET:

you then went on to direct your own film and that too became a success.

SHROENBERG:

'Hapless Days' was my first real taste of directing and it was there that I could do exactly what I wanted, which was remarkably thrilling, nobody had ever given me such freedom before.

KISMET:

while these had been comedies you turned to more serious subjects with 'Death, My Dear' that audiences might not have expected from you.

SHROENBERG:

yes that was a risk, but a risk worth taking I felt.  It was something that I had to explore, to see if I could become something more than just a gag maker.

KISMET:

then there have been a whole host of successful films all varying between styles and tones, 'Case of the Cat', 'Branches of Life', 'Sixties Swing', 'Tulip Roses', 'My Life of Increasing Vagueness', 'The Causation Fixation', 'Mr. Tubbs', 'Synthesised Tones', 'Cosmic Allience', 'Justifications of Various Crimes', 'Sin Intended', 'Doubting Tom', 'That Kind of Thing', 'Missing Legs','Juliet Widow','Feathers Amok','Skol!','Just This Once','Title Unedited','Mandaras Jarvis','Second Coming (First Deserts)','Risky Substution','Profit, Unihibited','Abandon Hope All Who Enter Here','Please Miss Susan','Who's On First?','Swinging Sensation','Marevllous Wonder','Am I Still Making Films?','Yes, I Am','Double or Muffin','The Identity Game','First World Politics','Kidgloves','Ringside Performance','Wise Love','King of Commerce','Scribbled On A Note','Film For A New Boat','Vertigo Redoubled','Kanas Space Incident','The Dream Society','Old Wonders','Reading Aloud','Time Wrap','Bomber Knight','Hold Your Cards', and your latest 'A Little Starlight'.

SHROENBERG:

Yes, I know.

KISMET:

Tell me, what's your secret to becoming a successful artist?  I ask because for many years now I've been trying to make a short film but I just can't get it to work.  What do you do?

SHROENBERG:

I honestly don't know.

KISMET:

really?  That's very interesting.

SHROENBERG:

Now if you don't mind I have to be back on set.

KISMET:

For a new film?

SHROENBERG:

I suppose so.

KISMET:

What is this one going to be called?

SHROENBERG:

'The Ominous Punchline'

No comments:

Post a Comment